Email marketing is one of the most effective marketing methods simply because email use is so prevalent. An email address is a persons virtual identity, and a direct line to marketing to anyone interested in your products and services. Building your opt-in list is not easy, but it can be done and should be started if you haven’t already.
Here is a roundown of tips on how to succeed in building your email marketing business.
- Strategic Collection of Data. Overload of data is not good. Ask only for opt-in, with their full name and email addresses. Make sure that the profiles that you gather are updated to aid in improving the relevance, timeliness and satisfaction from each deal you make.
- Good Implementation. Tracking your email marketing results is critical. Manage your opt-in list closely. Pay attention to opt-ins and opt-outs, monitor closely and respect your list members wishes.
If you’re wondering how to build your list, the following are some places to start.
- Make use of your website. It is an excellent tool for email collection, and provides you with relevant info regarding your email offers. Use forms that solicit your visitor’s email address and consent. Best practice is to have the form highly visable, and to consider offering something to your visitors in exchange for thier email address. An example would be a free report, additional information, or request form.
- Don’t make your point of sale pointless. Forms for signup located at cash registers and other high-traffic and highly visible spots can be very excellent venues for your business to collect email addresses. Notification of upcoming sales through their email addresses and names can coax them to supply you with the information you need.
- “Traditional” Media. Make use of print ads, brochures, TV, radio and direct mail. These are the more popular ways of marketing aiming to lead traffic to your webiste. You will want to ask for signups for email services. You can really make your website more visible through the use of traditional media. Offering free electronic newsletters and or rewards program can really assist you in building your list.
- Maximize your sales force. Customer service associates can help a lot in building your email opt-in list. Techniques like offering account updates and special programs through email can easily land you additional addresses for your list.
- Conferences or trade shows. Giveaway offers or entries on sweepstakes are great for opt-in to volunteer their contact details.
Always ensure you focus on earning the trust of your opt-in list instead of simply collating data for your sole own benefit. Always make sure that the forms that you will use are simple to complete and don’t require too much information.
Once you’ve begun collecting email addresses, you’re on the road to email marketing results. I recommend using an online Email Marketing service like MailChimp to manage your email campaigns. Using an online service will help you to manage your list and create effective campaigns in a much shorter timeframe.
You can always contact an Internet Marketing Professional to manage your email marketing campaigns, OSG Marketing offers a free one hour, no obligation email marketing consultation for small businesses.