After over a decade of blogging, many businesses still question whether or not it is it is viable for business purposes. As it continues to move forward and evolve, blogging has become an important and effective piller for business marketing. Here are 5 reasons why you should use blogging as an Internet marketing tool.
- Blogging is simple. The simplest way to get new information online is through blogging. No skills beyond basic word processing and writing are necessary… if you can read and type, or at least click a mouse, blogging represents an opportunity. It’s like having a virtual piece of paper and you just write your ideas, experiences, new products, and hope that the truth behind your articles comes out and entice your reader to also try your product. If you have an Internet connection then you can use a blog to promote and advertise your business.
- Blogging is authentic. We’re currently in a time when advertising saturates our lives, and we constantly question the credibility of promoters’ claims. In blogs, you can share real-life experiences. Reading blogs gives much closer to first-hand experience than any advertisments can.
- Blogging is cost effective. Setting up and managing a blog is extremely cost effective. There are free blogging sites, like Blogger, Typepad and WordPress. Setting blogging software isn’t too difficult either, a web designer or Internet Marketing Profesional can assist you in getting started.
- Blogging builds credibility. As you get more and more into writing about your particular product or industry, your readers come to realize that you are a reliable source for information, an expert in your industry.
- Blogging builds your market. Search engines love new content, and new content is indexed quickly. As a result, more readers visit your site and other bloggers link to your blog posts. Blogging creates relevance and can provide you with avenues to generate significant new streams of traffic to your website.
You should consider a blog for your organization as a means to build traffic and credibility.
That’s it for now, but best of luck and feel free to send me any questions you have on your own site – OSG Marketing offers a free, no obligation Blogging consultation, and that can give you a head start on planning for your success.
Take care, and much more later.