Convincing your website visitors to purchase from you is a difficult job, made even more difficult if they are convinced to make a purchase but don’t know how to buy from you! No matter how good you are at convincing your visitors to become customers, many just won’t buy if they find the purchasse process difficult or cumbersome.
Here are some quick and easy ideas to help improve the purchase process, and hopefully assist you in converting more visitors into more sales!
- Check that website visitors can order from your website form easily and hassle-free. You can write a clear, concise paragraph to direct visitors through the ordering procecss, so that you can minimize the chances of them getting lost.
- Reduce the chances of losing sales opportunities by putting a prominent link to your order page, catalogue or shopping cart from every other page on your site.
- Offer multiple payment options. Some people may feel comfortable paying via PayPal, some may only want to pay with their credit card and others might want to send a cheque or money order. You may also want to offer local pickup if that’s a viable option. The more options you offer, the better your chances of covering your visitors’ desired method of payment.
- Prove that you are a credible merchant. Is your order form secured using encryption technology? You would want to look into SSL for this.
- Consider offering a money back guarantee so that people will feel confident about buying from you.
- Prominantly post information about pre- and post- sales support. Let them know who do they can contact before and after purchasing. Contact information should be found prominantly on the website in an obvious location.
- Use customer testimonials, your contact information, address, and so on to boost your visitors confidence. The more you do to make them feel safe about buying something from you, the more likely you are to make sales.
It would be very dissapointing if you convinced a prospect to make a purchase and something goes wrong when he or she is ready to pay. Eliminate any chances of that to maximize your profits!
For a free, no obligation Internet Marketing consultation, please don’t hesitate to contact me.