This week, I thought I’d make a list of the ten (or so) online resources that I use in my internet marketing business. These resources are the basis of my internet marketing strategies that I use to help small businesses improve their internet profile.
Internet Marketing is all about helping you get found on the internet, so here are some places to get started.
- Google – the king of all search engines, Google produces the best search results and it’s great for the simple reason that it works. As if you didn’t know, it’s found at http://google.com
- Gmail – Googles email service, found at http://gmail.com, is the top web based email service I’ve found, I swear by Gmail. Google also offers gmail for domains through it’s Google Apps services. The gmail client is fantastic, the service is reliable and the service will store an enormous amount of email – so much that you’ll probably never have to delete email again.
- Ebay – Often overlooked, eBay is still a great place to sell your products. With millions of searches in the eBay marketplace, it’s a great tool for product exposure. A customized About Me page can provide links to your website, and an eBay posting can act as a perpetual advertisement for your products. http://ebay.com
- Aweber – A really great email marketing tool, Aweber is the best set of tools I’ve used to manage email lists, build newsletters and stay compliant with the multitude of SPAM legislation that exists. Aweber can help create an ongoing, lasting relationship with your clients and prospects. Visit Aweber at http://aweber.com and you can get a free test drive of the services.
- Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone. Joomla is my first choice for a website platform, and more information can be found at http://joomla.org. Joomla powers the http://osgmarketing.com website.
- WordPress is a state-of-the-art publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. WordPress is free and is a very popular choice for bloggers. This blog is built on WordPress. More information can be found at http://wordpress.org.
- YouTube is a very useful marketing tool. With 20 million plus searches a month, YouTube is behind only Google itself in monthly searches, and YouTube videos are ranked by Google and Yahoo in search listings fairly quickly. http://youtube.com.
- Domain Tools is a useful site for finding out information about domain names, web hosting and domain ownership. http://domaintools.com.
- Google Analytics (I know, again with the Google stuff…) – I won’t build a website without putting website analytics tools in place, and every website should do the same! Google Analytics is completely free and reasonably easy to install on your web pages. Check it out at http://analytics.google.com.
- Free webiste grader tool – check out http://website.grader.com to see how your website looks from a Search Engine Optimization perspective. This grading can give you some ideas on makeing your site easier to find.
So, that’s 10 sites for today. I have many more, I’ll continue the list with some great advertising resources next time, and some fantastic webmaster tools following that.
Bye for now,